What is COVID -19 (Corona Virus) Infection?
It is an infection caused by a Virus called Corona Virus or COVID -19, which has now spread throughout the World and has now been declared a Pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Symptoms of a COVID-19 infection:
- Dry Cough
- Sore throat
- Flu or Runny nose
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath in severe cases
How do you suspect a COVID-19 infection
If you have any of the above symptoms and have a history of travel to a COVID-19 affected area/ country in the last Thirty (30) days OR have been in contact with any person/persons who have visited a COVID-19 affected area/ country in the last Thirty (30) days, then you may be a suspect and may need to get in touch with your health facility and/or speak to a Doctor.
What to do if you suspect that you have a COVID-19 infection
Please call your health facility or the clinic if you have any of the above mentioned symptoms and history of travel. DO NOT PANIC!
The Doctor may advise you to come in to the clinic for a detailed examination and other Laboratory tests, that will support the criterion for diagnosis of COVID-19 Infection.
If you befit the criterion for suspected COVID-19 infection, then the health facility/ Clinic will get in touch with the Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI) Surveillance team or other relevant personnel who will conducts the necessary tests. The Surveillance team along with the treating doctor will decide the management and treatment as the need may be, at the time. The testing is done ONLY by the ZNPHI Surveillance team.
If you test Positive, you will be admitted at another facility designated by ZNPHI /Ministry of Health, to admit such cases and you will be managed from there.
Please be informed that there is no specific treatment regime for COVID-19 at this moment other than management of clinical symptoms
Cfb will send regular updates as and when necessary with the latest information.
Please be informed that You may contact cfb at email@example.com or SMS/WhatsApp ONLY +260777407295 OR contact ZNPHI TOLL FREE NUMBERS 7040 or 909 for any information.
How do you prevent a COVID-19 infection?
- Avoid crowded places and limit your visits to the shops, and any other place that you may require to go.
- Social distancing of at least one (1) meter and practicing healthy mode of greeting.
- DO NOT SHAKE HANDS, NO HUGS
- DO NOT Visit your friends, neighbours or relatives who are sick. Keep in touch on the phone.
- Frequent washing and sanitizing of hands, especially after coming from outside your home.
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily, especially if you haven’t washed your hands prior to that.
- Educating your family, friends and workers on all of the above.
Stay Calm, Stay safe & Stay Healthy